Monday, March 12, 2007

We applied for our passports

Scott and I applied for our passports. Unfortunately we are not going anywhere exotic or exiting, like Australia or China. We are just going on a cruise to Mexico this August for our 15th wedding anniversary. It now takes 10 weeks to process the passport application so I am glad that we did not put it off. Now that I have it in process though I have grand travel plans, in my head at least. I dream of going all over to places I have never seen. Ahhhh, someday. At the very least we will travel to Rome in another 10 years. Scott and I both want to see Rome over any other place and so we opened a money market account and we have automatic deposits from our checks. So I told Scott that if we don't make it to Rome before our 25th wedding anniversary then we will use the MM account for a trip to Rome. Of course passports are only good for 10 years so we would have to renew it for the trip to Rome. Definitley need to make use of the passport again before that.

3 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

What a great idea to start a savings account for Rome. I was just watching Rick Steve's Tour of Italy (Naples) last night with the girls, and then Under the Tuscan Sun. Bellissimo.

What port are you sailing from for your trip to Mexico? Is there a California port for cruise ships?

Keri said...

yes, we are sailing out of Los Angeles. It's just a short cruise to San Diego, Catalina island and Ensenada. I would have liked to take the longer cruise down to Cabo San Lucas and Mazatlan, but Royal Carribean does not cruise there during August and since we are not taking the kids this time I did not want to be gone for 7 days.

Karen said...

That is an excellent idea regarding the money market account. I'm going to look into that. I dream about going back to Spain.