Last Thursday we decided to surprise the kids with a trip to Disneyland. We did not let them know in advance that we were going so they got up that morning and got ready for school. We then announced that we would be going to Disneyland instead. I think my ears are still ringing from Riley's screams.
We spent the entire day at Disneyland and had an awesome time. The longest line we waited in was 15 minutes and we got to ride our favorite rides several times. We even got to ride the new Nemo submarines, got to see Small World before they close it for 11 mos. and saw Captain Jack on Pirates of the Caribbean. We even braved Splash mountain despite the cold and had a blast. In fact we had such a great time we used our socal twofer pass and went to CA adventure on Friday.
The kids could hardly believe their luck when we told them we were coming back the next day. Of course Riley suggested that we just stay at a hotel. When I reminded her that we had not packed pajamas, toiletries or clothes she suggested we just buy more. Lord I hope that girl becomes a millionaire or marries one. LOL!
So we had a great time at CA adventures also. I even rode the Tower of terror despite my misgivings on that one. A cast member waited with Riley while Scott, Zachary and I rode it. I came off that ride with my legs shaking so badly I could barely walk, but it was fun. Everyones favorite was Soaring over CA which we had to ride several times. Then the kids chose to ride Grizzly rapids, but we declined. So we walked them up and then watched them get drenched. Luckily I had the foresight to buy them each a poncho so they got to ride and have fun without getting soaked. Riley even interviewed the people she rode with each time and told me she met people from Australia, New Zealand and Alaska. I have to talk to that girl again about not talking to strangers!
So it was a great and memorable couple of days. Of course Riley woke up Saturday and asked "where are we going today?"


2 comments:
I am SOOOOOOOOOO jealous! Ugh! Ugh! I wanna great mom like you! I wanna go to Disney for no good reason other than it's Thursday.
It looks like you had a GREAT time! I really am jealous! (but so happy for you!)
I loved the Splash Mountain photos with all four of you. :) Lucky, lucky kids!
Post a Comment