The kids both needed spring/summer clothes so this weekend we headed to the mall for some clothes shopping. Zachary, being a 13 yr old boy, grumbled, complained and did NOT want to go clothes shopping. I caved on this point simply because I did not want the grumbling and complaining along for the shopping trip. Riley on the other hand, being a 9 year old girl, bounced happily out to the car jabbering about clothes, etc.
Once we got to the outlet mall we headed straight for our favorite store, Gymboree. Riley was like a little fashion model trying on everything I picked out for her and happily modeling it for me. In the end we had to narrow down our purchase because I just could not afford to buy all the outfits and accessories that she loved.
Then to tackle the clothes for the growing boy. I went to Kohl's found shorts on sale for 50% off, bought four different styles/colors and $54 later I am done. I got home, showed Zachary his new shorts. He barely glanced at them grumbled something that I suspect was "cool" and went back to doing his own thing.
Girls may be more expensive, but they are much more fun to dress up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment