Saturday, November 04, 2006

There's an author in our house



Yesterday I attended the Writer's Tea at Riley's school. The school has a writer's tea every trimester to showcase exceptional stories that the kids have written and their parents are invited to come hear all of the kids K-6 read their stories out loud. Riley was so proud and excited to read her story in front of everyone. She was not a bit nervous, but was in fact happy to be in the spotlight. It was really interesting to see the progression in writing from K-6 and I think I may have heard from some future authors some of the stories were that good. Riley's story was about Bats and was quite informational and well written. All the kids and parents had refreshments afterwards and Riley ate as many cookies as she could before I cut her off.

No comments: