Friday, April 06, 2007

Dyeing easter eggs

We dyed Easter eggs tonight. Erica brought Luke over and he and Riley had a great time. Zachary decided he was "too old" for dyeing Easter eggs and preferred to have a friend over and ignore us completely (really not liking the pre-teen stage). Riley and Luke had lots of fun though and I'm glad we put them in old white t-shirts because it was quite a mess.
Luke preferred to THROW his eggs into the cups and then retrieve the eggs with his hands. We let him do his own thing and ended up with tons of broken multi colored eggs that will probably just end up in the trash, but they had fun. Everybody stayed for dinner and it was not until we were already grilling the hamburgers that I remembered it's Good Friday. So we were very bad Catholics because we ate meat on Good Friday.


2 comments:

Karen said...

That Luke is a cutie. LOL! I can just picture him throwing in the eggs. Sounds familiar. It looks like he and Riley had a great time together. Sweet!

Brenna and Molly said...

Can you believe I've never colored eggs with my girls? Riley and Luke (where's that tiny baby we saw pictures of - has it really been that long?!) look like they are having so much fun that I'm resolving to definitely fit in some egg coloring next year!