
The library that I work for has an monthly book club and we invited Ray Bradbury to come speak since the April book was Fahrenheit 451. He graciously accepted and we decided to make it a public event instead of just for the book club members. We had over 300 people come and it was a great success. Mr. Bradbury even said that he would love to come back next year and speak again. The icing on the cake was that this morning when I got into work he had left a voice mail for me. He asked me to send him some of the tickets that I designed for the event. He said he loved them and would like to have copies to keep for himself.
5 comments:
Keri, how neat! I wish I could have come to the event! I still remember reading Fahrenheit 451 in middle school.
AWESOME!!!!!!! I love Ray Bradbury. I remember *almost* meeting him in Tulsa wayyy back about 1989. Tulsa Univ. was performing the play "Dandelion Wine" based on his short story and he was to be the guest of honor. I don't recall why he was a no-show (airline problems?) but that seat, with the red ribbon sat empty the entire time. The play was good though.
Can you post a photo of this infamous ticket you designed?
I will try to scan it later and put it up. I got rid of my scanner at home since I never used it.
That is so neat! I can't wait to see the ticket.
Very cool! You must feel very honored - I know I would!
Post a Comment