Saturday, May 19, 2007

My boy is not quite as old as he was yesterday

It's so strange to see Zachary's struggles back and forth from... I'm too old to need you back to being the little boy I knew. Just yesterday we were struggling with his attitude and him shrugging away when I would put my arm around him, etc. Then he wakes up today and is telling me how much he loves me, that I'm a great mom and giving me tons of hugs. Even when we went out for a walk he came up and took my hand. It was such a nice moment that I dare not point it out for fear it would end. We walked that way for the longest time. He is growing up so fast and I'm already seeing how his friends are becoming more and more important and influential, but then there are those wonderful moments when my boy is back and I know that he still needs us.

1 comment:

Brenna and Molly said...

How sweet! It must be so hard to watch him growing and wanting to be happy for him but on the other hand wanting to keep him little forever!! At least you know you and he have the foundations of a wonderful relationship as he does get older.