Friday, June 29, 2007
It's amazing what you can accomplish when you get up at 5 am.
I had to take Scott to the airport this morning at 5 am. He had to fly to Rhode Island because his Aunt passed away unexpectedly. When I got home I was wide awake and knew there was no chance I would be going to sleep. By 7 am I had cleaned the kitchen and living room. So I decided to FINALLY paint my master bedroom. I had stripped the wallpaper months ago and could not seem to get the motivation to paint. Well, since Scott was gone and paint fumes give him migraines I figured this was a good time. Plus, since Riley was at Disneyland today with my sister she would be spending the night there and I could sleep in her room if the paint fumes were just too much. So I bucked up and got to work. By 10 am I had the whole room (with vaulted ceilings) primed. Then I was off to Home Depot to buy the paint and more rollers. I picked up some lunch on my way back and got back to work. I had finished painting by 3 pm. It helped a lot that my mom came over and would put more paint on the roller and hand it back up to me so I did not have to climb up and down the ladder every time. So now it's finished and the furniture is all put back. I'm so glad that it's finally done and I can stop looking at the ugly bare walls.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm impressed! What color did you paint it?
Wow!! Even though I'm on the computer, DH and I are finally doing something about our bathroom today. We'll be painting too! (Well, as soon as I figure out how to get the wallpaper border down.)
Something must be in the air when husbands travel - I painted my main hallway last week when Dean was in Utah! (Shhh - I plan to do our bedroom later this summer when he's in Houston, the girls are in Boston and I'm all alone here!) So what color did you choose and do you like it? That's the part I hate .. .
Post a Comment