Friday, August 03, 2007

15th wedding anniversary cruise

Scott and I took a cruise to San Diego, Catalina Island and Ensenada Mexico for our 15th wedding anniversary. Our friends Scott and Debbi came along with us. Our first stop was San Diego, CA. We were docked right bythe Star of Inida and below is a picture from our balcony.

We decided to split up for the day and the guys went on a tour of the USS Midway while Debbi and I took in all the sights along the pier before we took the ferry over to Coronado Island. Of course we had to have our picture taken in front of a statue dedicated to the soldiers who served in WWII to show how impressively large it is. Had Scott been there we could have recreated the statue's pose like this adorable older couple did when they asked Debbi and I to take their picture.

Then Debbi and I were off to Coronado Island and the Hotel Del where we had lunch while taking in the fabulous view below. The hotel Del is so beautiful that I could post 10 pictures just of that. Of course Debbi and I split a ham and cheese wrap and got two bottles of water and it was $18. So it's a bit rich for my blood. It really reminds of old world hollywood. Beautiful architecture with tons of dark mahogany, old elevator with the metal cage around it, sprawling grounds that lead to the beach where they have private cabanas. Nice!!!
After lunch we caught a cab back to the ferry landing and headed back to the ship where we changed into our suits and headed to the pool. We had a nice time relaxing at the pool and drinking plenty of bahama mamas before we had to change for dinner.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

What a fabulous trip!

This morning I see an article that Houston forensic artist has confirmed the identity of the soldier in the photo!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070803/ap_on_re_us/kissing_sailor