Sunday, February 22, 2009

Aliens from another planet.

There are moments when I look at my children and think that they must have been kidnapped by aliens because the being before me acts nothing like the children I know I am raising. Tonight for instance we were eating dinner and Zachary got up to refill his water. He came back to the table and after a few minutes this conversation ensued:
Zachary: Oh, by the way mom I just wanted to let you know that I spilled some water on the floor.
Me: AND?
Zachary: Well, I am just letting you know
Me: So are you assuming that I am going to jump up and clean it up?
Zachary: (after pausing for a moment to think) Ummm, no.
Me: So how is the water going to get cleaned off the floor?
Zachary: Ummm, I am going to clean it up after dinner (perking up like he got the right answer).
Me: Ummmm, no! You are going to go clean the water up now before someone goes in the kitchen and slips on it.

Really, what would posess a thirteen year old to spill water on the floor, leave it there and just go back and resume eating his dinner? I guess when you are a growing boy you don't let anything get between you and your food. LOL!

No comments: