Monday, November 13, 2006

December birthdays

I have always thought that people with December birthdays get a bum deal. In fact when Scott and I were trying to get pregnant for the first time we intentionally tried to skip the month that would result in our baby being due in December. We tried like bunnies for two months and then avoided getting pg the third month and of course that's the month I got pregnant with Zachary. I should have known it was fate since my Grandmother, Mother, both sisters, and one niece ALL had the same due date with our first child, December 18th. So I always try to make sure that Zachary's birthday is a special day and does not get downsized because of all the hustle and bustle of Christmas approaching. So I realized today his birthday is 3 weeks from Saturday and I had better get on it. The problem is that I have absolutely no idea what to do this year.

4 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

Ah, but "before Christmas" birthdays are better than ON or AFTER Christmas birthdays! Because rarely (I suspect) do you get a birthday present where someone says, "Oh, and this is also your Christmas present." Whereas those of us born in early Jan *always* get Christmas presents with comment, "This is also your birthday present." :-)

How unusual for all those people in your family to have shared the same due date! Does anyone have double birthdays?

Good luck planning the birthday this year!

Karen said...

The way the boys' birthdays (10/6, 1/13) line up along with Christmas, it's like one long shopping marathon. Just love it...

Brenna and Molly said...

Neither of my girls were born in the month they were due so planning for us would never be an option! I agree about the Dec. birthday kids. My young cousin is Dec. 25th and the novelty wore off already. My mher in law is Dec 30 and hers is always lost in the Christmas/New Year shuffle.

I'm sure you'll make Zachary's special no matter what!

Jolene said...

10th birthday, eh?

movie night with friends?
skating?
sleep overs were always big with my brother and I when we were that age...

Maddie will be 10 next year, but I am lucky in that she has known what her 10th birthday gift will be for the past 3 years. She wants her ears pierced but I told her she had to wait until she turned 10! LOL