Tuesday, January 09, 2007

It's mac and cheese night tonight

Zachary got his braces on today, hence the mace and cheese for his dinner (I could not indulge since it's not SB diet friendly). Since I wore braces for 5 years and Scott had them for 3 I knew our children were doomed. The only "cool" part according to Zachary was that he got to miss the first 2 1/2 hours of school and that he got to pick colored bands.... red and black. It's an interesting look, I'll say that. I would post a picture, but he is not willing to pose for a photo yet.
When we were in the ortho. office waiting there was a 3 year old little girl that came in with her Mother. She was adorable and so outgoing. She came up and "yelled" hi to everyone then proceeded to test out every chair in the waiting area by bouncing on them. Reorganized the magazines on the table and then proceeded to climb on the chairs to try and catch the hearts that were hanging from the ceiling as Valentines day decorations. I was just thinking to myself that she reminded me of Riley at that age when her Mother said, "Riley please stop climbing on the chairs." I had to laugh out loud. I told the Mother that was my daughters name and how much alike they are. It must be the name for my Riley came hopping down the hallway and through the living room the other night. When I asked her what she was doing she said "just bouncing" and kept right on bouncing out of the room.

As far as the diet goes. I've stuck to it even though the mornings are incredibly hard. I really want sweet stuff in the morning. Other than that though it's not too bad. I'm never hungry and I am enjoying eating things like low fat cheese, avocados and nuts. Which I used to deny myself. I don't know if I'm losing any weight since it's only been 3 days, but time will tell.

No comments: