Tuesday, October 21, 2008

10 years

In some ways it's hard to believe it's been 10 years since our baby boy, Nicholas, left us to be with God, but in others it hardly seems so long. Not one day has gone by that I have not thought of him and wondered what life would be like with him here. There is a family of one of Riley's teammates that has two boys and their youngest is a girl. I watch the two boys play together and wonder what it would be like to see my sons rolling down a grassy hill together laughing all the way down. Or what it would be like for Riley to have two older brothers to look out for her. It's just the simple things like these that I long for.
I had a small meltdown in the car today. It hit me suddenly and I cried like I have not cried in a long time. It started with mere worry over Zachary being very sick with the flu and the thought just popped into my head that God cannot have another child of mine as long as I walk this earth. This may sound dramatic, but it's an emotional day.

Nicholas, Your family loves you. You are missed and never forgotten.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

Thinking of you and Scott, Keri. You will see Nicholas again and hold him in your arms. God promised.

Karen said...

Oh, Keri - just read this. I really feel for you. Sometimes I find myself wondering about Nathan's twin. Big hugs...