Thursday, October 09, 2008

Suicide bomber?

This may look like Scott is readying himself to be a suicide bomber, but don't worry there is no need to call homeland security. This is what Scott had to wear to bed last night. For years I have been telling him (read NAGGGING) he needs to get checked for sleep apnea. He not only snores like a freight train, but he also startles in his sleep and then makes a weird sound like he is not getting air. He startles so much that he wakes me up several times a night.
So after much prodding and no success I lucked out when his doctor called one day and I happened to answer the phone. So I mentioned it to her and asked her to speak to him about it. I'm such a rat! So she referred him to the sleep study department and he had his appointment there yesterday. They sent him home with this contraption to sleep with. It monitors his movements, breathing, heart rate and stores all the information. He turned it in this morning and they check the data. I had way too much fun at his expense because I thought he looked HILARIOUS in this contraption. I'm such a supportive wife.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shelly Kelly said...

Aw, I think it's a cute look for him. I guess you couldn't have any snuggling time though without getting tangled in the wires.

Hope the results lead to improvement on the snoring area.