Friday, October 24, 2008

Anything to save a buck!

Every time I purchase a piece of furniture unassembled (and there have been a few) about 45 minutes into the assembly process I think "NEVER AGAIN". But of course with time those memories, just like memories of childbirth, fade.

I definitely don't think assembling a night table is nearly as bad as childbirth, but of course at the end of this process all I got was well, a night table. Luckily my mom stopped by and pitched in on the assembly process (thanks mom) and made it go by much more quickly.
In the end the table was assembled and Riley was quite pleased. She was the photographer documenting the process. So now she has an actual night table next to her bed as opposed to the old kiddie table and chair set that she has had since she was two. The table and chair set can go to charity and thanks to my documenting this experience maybe the next time I find a good deal on unassembled furniture I will pass right by. I'm not betting on it though.

Doesn't it look nice in her room though?

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Karen said...

It looks very nice. Where did you get it?

Keri said...

I got it at Target and it was on sale too! I just can't pass up a deal.

Shelly Kelly said...

Looks fabulous! You would never know from looking at it what trouble it was to assemble!