Friday, January 29, 2010

No need to check your calendars

Yes, it is the end of January and yes, we are making witches brew. Back in October when I was in Nebraska for my grandmother's funeral my mom and I found a cute little gift shop that was selling "sour apple witches brew". I bought one and brought it home for the kids. Well, really for Riley because a 14 year old boy really does not give a hoot about making witches brew.
The witches brew was never brewed though. The first obstacle was that I forgot the witches brew in my bag for a while so when I found it, it was almost Halloween and I figured we had better make it right away. Then I read the directions and realized you need to mix it with club soda, soda water or 7up, none of these are staples in our pantry. Then we/I kept forgetting to put one of those items on the grocery list. Finally Halloween passed and I figured the witches brew could wait until next year. That is until Riley had a light bulb moment one day and said, "hey we never made the witches brew". So I had to dig the mix out of hiding and add 7up to the grocery list. Oh, but the witches brew did not get made that week. Scott did not know the 7up was for witches brew and drank it. One would think that we would give up on it at this point, but Riley really wanted that brew. So today, FINALLY all the stars have aligned and we made the witches brew. Riley even chanted "boil, boil, toil and trouble...." while making her sticky green brew. Personally, I think that after waiting almost three months it really looks like a letdown. Thick green sour apple gook. Riley said it tasted like kool-aid and 7up and we are taking her word on this one. If you added some vodka, jello and put it in a shot and served it to me on March 17th then I would probably give it a whirl, but in lieu of those circumstances I will pass.

Lovely green goop!


My little witchy poo enjoyed the brew. I had to cut her off after two glasses.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: