Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Sigh
This weekend while Riley and I were away in San Francisco with my mom we shared a bed at the hotels. Saturday night Riley snuggled up under my arm and laid her head on my chest. We snuggle like this often at home when I come to tuck her into bed at night. Saturday night though we snuggled longer than usual and she fell asleep on my chest. I could tell the moment her body softened, her breathing deepened and she was asleep. It made me recall all those times when she was a baby snuggled on my chest or with her head in the crook of my neck. I also realized that this could be the last time that I experienced my child sleeping with her head nestled on my chest like that. So I savored the moment as much as possible until sleep finally overcame me. Sigh, if only I could capture those moments forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment