Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I spent the evening in the ER

I picked the kids up from my Mom's house around 4:30 and everything was fine. She called me 2 hours later and I could barely understand her. She said her face was swollen and she could barely breath. We rushed to the ER and thankfully my brother's girlfriend is an ER nurse and she was just getting off duty. She met us outside and saw my Mom right away. Thank goodness because by the time we got there one side of her face looked like it had a softball under her cheek, her eye was swollen shut and she could not talk. Turns out it was an allergic reaction to a new medication she is on. They gave her a shot and some benadryl and in a few minutes the swelling started going down. By the time we got home she was still swollen alot, but her eye had opened back up and her cheek had gone down some. So I got her settled at home and headed back to my house. I had just walked in the door at my house and we had an earthquake. Just a small shaker, but what a way to end the evening.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm glad your mom is better. What a scare! And an earthquake... really, what a way to end a day.

Hugs,
Karen

Brenna and Molly said...

What else could you squeeze in there? I'm very glad all's well that ends well but still . . . Thank God your mom was able to call you before the swelling got too much. Hope today is better!