I'm just so tired of following the weight watchers thing. I can't tell you the last time that I had a real egg or had more than a skimpy piece of cheese without thinking how many points it was. So I checked out the south beach diet book from the library and read it over the past few days. It really makes sense and I'm going to give it a whirl. I only want to lose a few pounds (5-8) and definitley don't expect to lose the 8-15 they claim you will during the first two weeks. I like the idea that I can eat low fat cheeses, eggs, cottage cheese and avocados (huge points on WW). On the other hand though I don't know how I am going to give up rice and pasta. I also love starbucks frappucinos in the morning which are loaded with sugar and so will have to go, but since I'm not supposed to have the caffeine because of my fibrocystic breast disease I guess that's good too.
I had an egg with canadian bacon, salsa and avocado this morning. Although I can't choke down the v8 juice they recommend you drink in the morning.
Sunday, January 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Best of luck to you with South Beach. I know you will have great success and reach your goal! You go girl!
Good luck to you! I know some people for whom the South Beach diet worked wonders.
I'm back on the Abs Diet myself. Day 6 officially and I'm down one whole pound. One down, eight very stubborn ones to go. Must increase exercise....
Post a Comment