Thursday, January 25, 2007

Zachary visited "Dubya" at the White House

Ok, just kidding. All of the 5th grade GATE kids got to go on a field trip to Quality West Wing which is a museum that is a replica of the West Wing of the White House. I wish I had been able to go it sounded very cool. He said they started out by taking a computer quiz to tell them what political party they would be in and what Presidents were in that party. Then they learn how our government was founded, how a bill is made into law, etc. Then they got to see the replica of the Oval office where they took this picture and then the President was digitally added later. Zachary is 3rd from the left in the back row. He has his new "hide my braces" smile.

3 comments:

Shelly Kelly said...

Too Cool!!! Tell Zachary that I've been in the real Oval Office and you're not allowed to take in a camera! I think the LBJ library in Austin has an Oval Office replica also.

Love the photo!! Hope he had a great experience.

Brenna and Molly said...

What a great trip for his class! Maybe we'll be able to give him a tour of the real DC someday. Although I don't think we'll get a photo that good though!

Karen said...

That is a neat experience! So, which political party would he be in?